Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trains, Circles, Peace Oh MY!!!!

So It has been quite a while since my last post, and things have been quite interesting, both good and bad. This is gonna be a long post so I'm gonna write it in 3 chapters. Enjoy.

CHAPTER 1 -- Riding Trains Backwards

Three weeks ago I payed a visit to a friend in Worcester, Massachusetts, and rather than driving 45 minutes like a normal person, I choose to take the train. There were two options: 1) Hop onto a moving cargo train running on the Providence-Worcester rail line, or 2) Take a commuter rail to Boston, then to Worcester. Due to a combination of lack of experience and motivation I scratched #1 from the list (although I still dream of one day accomplishing such a feat) and so I choose the latter. 2 hours later I was in Worcester. The visit itself was quite unmemorable, pretty routine stuff, beers and pizza. The train rides were the experience highlights of the trip, as I stared out the window of the train on my way home I watched things fly by and seeing them fade into the distance - "riding the train backwards!" It was amazing to think of how so much of my life comes down to the same idea: I was never riding forwards, looking ahead to the future, but I was always stuck facing backwards, staring at the past, never seeing what lies ahead. Time to move forward.

CHAPTER 2 - Circles

In this section I explore the possibility of having already lived... pretty far out, I know. But think about each time you've experienced the "phenomenon" of deja vu. Something occurs, in which you feel within has occurred before. Was it the past? Or was it the future? Why couldn't it be both? Maybe the reason what you see is so familiar is because you have actually already experienced it. I'm a big believer in the circle. Its a perfect shape. You start anywhere on its perimeter and follow it along, and eventually you will hit the same point again. Maybe I used to be a flower, or perhaps a squirrel, and at some point my circle went around and at the end I came out a kid. The next time you kill a spider, remember you only end one of his lives.

CHAPTER 3 - Pieces of peace

How can a person, a country, a world be happy without peace? It is the true happiness of the mind and soul. If we are all children of this world where has the harmony gone? My own life has hit times of depression and pain. So how to solve this: find peace. So I will continue to search for it, and spread to everyone. Because no matter who you are, I have so much love for you all. One of the most important things to me is to never be hated by anyone or anything. I want to be harmless. Call me a pacifist, a hippie, or whatever label will be placed on me, but my heart steers me towards this reality. I invite you all to join me, spread peace, its good for you, I promise.

Full of Love,
nick

Talk about peaceful beauty, Vashti Bunyan I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment