Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happiest Day of my life this semester!

Today was an historic day in my life. I have made a complete 180 degree turn in happiness. Last night, I was depressed, anxious, sleepless once again, and all around feeling quite shitty about myself. But this evening I received news that I am not on probation this semester and I am able to run outdoor track!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news I could ever expected, I almost cried with happiness and shock as I read the e-mail. It is truly a blessing from God! Although I did receive an additional 40 hours of community service I am absolutely thrilled by the fact I can run. This has given me new life for running.

My goals this season are 14:35 for 5k hopefully at Mt. Sac, Big East, hopefully a trip to Penn Relays, and maybe even run a 1500 sometime and try to smash that PB. I cannot wait for this season! This weekend is my last race for indoors this weekend. I'm running the mile. Hopefully I can make the final, but if not I'd love to at least run close to 4:12 and know that I gave it my best. After that, Its time for outdoor (5k) training and I am thrilled!!! My spring break is next week and I am going to make an attempt at my first 100 mile week! It might not be the smartest thing, but I don't think it'll kill me. That that don't kill me only makes me stronger!

Well I look forward to finally getting a good sleep tonight! Tomorrow I'm going to see Brand New play at URI, so I'll leave you with this video, but it is also a dedication to all the people who spoke at take back the night tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment