Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So simple in the moonlight

"I don't know what the trouble was that started all of this, the reasons have all run away but the feelings never did."

This was the first sad song I sang at tonight's open mic night. I was nervous as anything performing in front of so many people even though half the face's were my friends (or I like to hope they are my friends). It truly is difficult performing alone in front of people, especially when you've been suffering from anxiety. But anyways, I managed to get through my first song "Lua" by bright eyes and then closed things off with one of my favorite songs ever - "I will follow you into the dark". I made a subtle change in the second chorus, which I don't think many people caught but it made a few people smile.

In the end I enjoyed playing again for people, and even though I'm not the best at it, I look forward to playing again. I've been very sad lately, but I'm trying to look on the bright side of life and I hope things will get better soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment