Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To philosophize is to learn to die

So its been an interesting past weekend. The highlights were of course watching Hayden and David go sub-4, Dom going 7:58, I was pleased with my 4:12 mile (though I know I can go a lot faster), the trip to India Point Park, taking pictures downtown, buying art supplies, getting food poisoning from that damn Indian food, throwing up for 6 hours straight, running 3 miles in the past two day, and to top it all off I am now on disciplinary probation! Well my life has taken some wild turns these past days, during the food poisoning I thought my life was over, and then when I could finally breath again without vomiting I couldn't have been more happy to be alive, but then office of student conduct emailed me and my life returned to that stage where i wished it was over. But as my philosophy professor Costello told us as we studied Nietzsche, theses are the prime years for suffering and all this suffering is only gonna make us better people in the future. So I would give Providence College an A+ when it comes to aiding its student's in their amount of suffering. Way to go PC!!! Well I've written the most sincere and desperate plea for pardon of my probation. If it upholds though, my future suffering at this school might be over, because i can no longer afford it. Running is the greatest sport that centers around dealing with as much pain as possible, but yet I love it. And without it, my life will be more of a mess than it is now, if that is even possible?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment