Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Will you share your coffee with me?

Today was long, and very much fragmented into various exercises of the body and mind. Ran 16 miles with kim, 8 miles was a tempo at 5:30 pace, which went surprisingly well, I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed. I feel like I could have gone another 5 miles at that pace, which would equal a 72 minute half-marathon, so that is an encouraging feeling for my training concerns.

Besides the great workout, today was quite mundane. I skipped work again, hope I don't get fired! Yeah right. One thing I have observed while in the business workforce is that if you have talent at something everyone else lacks, then you also possess job security. Personally I hate office work though, graphic design is awesome, but the small and seemingly useless tasks of the office are very bothersome to me.

Ideally I just wanna live in a cabin in the woods, grow food in my own garden, run, play guitar, read, read more, read everything ever written, then write some more and read it, and maybe even find a wife, lover, or friend to share this beautiful life with.

Idealism is a magical thing, it cleans the ugly face of reality and makes you an individually free being. However, few people ever, and when i say few i mean it in the strictest sense, actually experience absolute freedom. This is why I never try to let things hold me back, though it gets me in trouble sometimes, ultimately it makes me a better person for having experienced a pseudo-escape from society, reality, law, and everything else which binds us day in and day out.

I cannot even enjoy a coffee tomorrow morning, because society requires that I pay $1.93, an amount of money I don't possess. Why can't we all just share things as amazing as coffee with one another, not for anything, just for the sake of enjoying coffee and one another. People no longer love people, they love money. Well I still love people and coffee, so tomorrow I'll find a way to enjoy both.

LOVE,
nick

AWESOME NEW MUSIC FROM ISLANDS - great stuff, Nick Diamond is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment