Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

Well today (technically yesterday, the 20th) was my birthday and it was pretty average, uneventful, and highly caffeinated. Last night's open mic night was solid, thoroughly enjoyed my buddy Matt Hannigan. So I'm gonna give him my music plug of the day. It was a very late night though, I forgot how to order my life (doing homework at 4 a.m. = bad idea) but I survived. I'm now comfortably at home and enjoying some relaxing hours playing guitar and pondering my life. I'm officially returning to my training plan this week, so hopefully running starts to pick up. I;m really grateful to have people around me motivating me and supporting me, because honestly without them I might just give up. Only b-day presents I received were two books from my mom: Born to Run and a poetry book by Keith Waldrop, who is a professor at Brown and recently won the National Book Award for Poetry, the work is entitled Transcendental Studies: A Trilogy. Really looking forward to reading both!

_nick

Anyway as promised, Matt Hannigan:

No comments:

Post a Comment