Thursday, November 5, 2009

Someday we will be set free

WEEK 1, day 3 - 12+ miles (82 min.)
WEEK 1, day 4 - 14+ miles (95 min.)

I forgot to set my clock to "a.m" and not "p.m" so needless to say I was fucking late to rise. 5 minutes after waking up, I was in the RISD museum admiring the amazing originality and beauty of modern art as it relates to modern poetry. Really amazing stuff. I loved the "dada" work by I believe Jean Arp. It was incredibly simple but effective. The movement essentially was not a movement at all and their art was not art and they were not artists. And thats why it was just a bunch of dadada. Really cool stuff. I also gained a huge appreciation for Picasso's cubism paintings. Awesome collection and hopefully I'll have a chance to explore it even more sometime. Run went well today, felt pretty good but ran pretty easy. As for music, I've gotta go with another Langhorne Slim:

_nick

1 comment:

  1. The key to building mileage is to keep the pace comfortable and easy feeling. This isn't always easy for a track runner...especially a young track runner. Don't worry about speed until you get comfortably used to the new weekly mileage goal.

    ReplyDelete