Monday, November 2, 2009

Lydiard Day 1

WEEK 1, day 1 - 10+ miles (70min)

Today was Day #1 of my 10-week aerobic phase and it went well. An easy 10+ miles and a desire to run more was the result. I've officially run out of food in my room, with the exception of peanut butter. So as Lydiard calls for immediate food after running to increase recovery, I was forced to eat spoonfuls of peanut butter. mmmhhh... Mondays suck - long and draining. Music plug of the day, Ray LaMontagne, I didn't get into him at first (mostly cuz my mom discovered him before me, I felt defeated), but I gave him a second chance and I'm glad, he's an amazing songwriter with a voice that'll warm you better than whiskey.

_nick

1 comment:

  1. Honestly Nick, when I started ramping up my mileage, i worried about burning out etc, but marathon mileage is run at a much more aerobic pace most of the time, and i found that i was dying to run more miles. The problem then becomes holding back and taking your rest, even when you don't think you need it.

    Do you have any of Lydiards books? I have two of them, and its really good stuff. If you have any questions or anything, just let me know. Basically just lots of miles at an aerobic pace, and hills from strength as opposed to lifting weights.

    ReplyDelete